All content on this site is by and copyright ©1994-2016 Tonio Loewald, unless otherwise specified.
Apologies to IE7- users. Please upgrade.
Motion Blur Tool
Executive Summary: a simple tool for creating motion blurred images and videos from videos.
Motion Blur Tool creates a motion-blurred image from an input movie.
The ideal input movie has been rendered at a very high framerate.
To Use simply load the movie (two examples are provided) pick a
position in the movie, and then click "Motion Blur".
- Frame Rate: allows you to set the framerate of the output movie (new!)
- Save Movie...: allows you to render a motion-blurred movie
- Sample Frames: determines the number of frames that will be sampled
- Shutter Speed: the duration the "shutter" will be open
- Mode: the "anchoring" of the sample frames
- Centered: sampling will be centered on the current frame
- Trailing: sampling will end with the current frame
- Leading: sampling will start with the current frame
- Bias: the method used to weight frames
- None: all frames are equally weighted
- Cosine: frames are weighted via cosine functon
- Quadratic: frames are weighted via quadratic function
- Quality: preview simply renders the frames on top of each other
which introduces a lot of rounding errors; high quality renders
each pixel component into a 64-bit buffer, and then outputs the
final result (i.e. fewer rounding errors)
- Save Image: outputs a PNG
Download Motion Blur Tool Mac OS X |