New: I've added support for C3D's particle system seed (it's not documented, but it occurred to me that my Object Info script might help and so it did. Implementation required a custom pseudo-random number generator (one that can be seeded) so I added an implementation of the Mersenne Twister (which is a very high quality PRNG).
Particle City is a scripted particle system for Cheetah 3D 5.5 (or later, presumably) which builds a "city" out of building "particles". It's more of a demonstration of how powerful and flexible C3D's particle system is than a useful tool, since the same thing can be achieved in C3D without using particles.
It has one annoying problem which is it's not using a seeded random number generator which
means if you twitch it regenerates the city, which I'll fix some time. Sorry for the inconvenience. This has been fixed, see above.
And no, it doesn't handle traffic lights, cars, newspaper vendors, etc.
- Grid Spacing shows the size of (non-street) cells in the grid.
- Width / Depth determine the size of the city generated.
- Block Size groups the grid cells into blocks n x n grid cells.
- Street Width determines the spacing between blocks.
- Floor Height is the (quantized) amount by which buildings are randomly displaced (downwards) to reduce * their height.
- Max Floor Reduction is the maximum number of floors by which a building's height may be reduced.
- Density is the proportion of grid cells that will be occupied by a building.
The script needs to be installed in ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Particle — the archive includes a sample document.about markdown 01/31/2017 11:27:16 particle city panel png 06/07/2010 13:33:16 particle city distant jpg 06/07/2010 13:33:32
Particle City.js zip4.1kBParticle City.js zip 06/04/2015 09:37:21