I’ve got three small projects built with
b8r lying around (one is something I did for a job interview a few months ago, so it’s not in a public repo). Anyway, all three simply load the version of
b8r in the github master directly which means they broke hard when I pushed my latest changes.
Anyway, updating the galaxy generator took about five minutes. Updating the dnd spell list took about thirty seconds. If I recall correctly, this is the second change to
b8r in roughly two years that has required fixing the galaxy generator. (Obviously this should not matter, since only a crazy person would load dependencies into production code this way, but I don’t take breaking changes lightly.)
I’ve updated bindinator.com and attempted to document as much as possible about the migration process. Finally, I’ve replaced
require.js with a tiny module that shows an
alert() and redirects the user to the improved documentation on migrating to import.